Jump to a Topic
California Attorney General's Office opinion on family and boarding houses, 2003
Definition of Family Memo, Mental Health Advocacy Services, 1998
Land Use Laws Related to Recovery Facilities and Group Homes, Goldfarb and Lippman
Guide to California Density Bonus Law, 2017, Meyers Nave
Not Just Density Bonuses: Dealing with Demands Beyond the Bonus, Goldfarb and Lippman LLP, 2016 Conference Session, League of California Cities
Below are useful resources for jurisdictions deploying their Housing Trust Fund.
Here are six RFQ examples for various purposes, including selecting an affordable housing financial consultant, a housing services consultant, a Homekey program property developer, or a qualified affordable housing developer. These RFQs provide ideas and a structure for jurisdictions drafting their own RFQ.
- Financial Consultants, RFQ - County of San Mateo
- Financial Consultants, Due Diligence Q&A, RFQ - County of San Mateo
- Homeless Services Consultants, RFQ - County of Alameda
- Homekey Development Partners, RFQ - County of San Mateo
- Qualified Developers, RFQ - Daly City
- Developer for the Bay Meadows Site, RFQ - City of San Mateo
Here are three RFP examples for soliciting site-specific affordable housing proposals.
- Developer for the Middlefield Junction Site, RFP - County of San Mateo
- Developer for the Midway/Bayshore Site, RFP - County of San Mateo
- Developer for the Bradford Site, RFP - Redwood City
Here are housing trust fund loan policies, affordability preservation strategies, and examples of two press releases for new affordable housing developments built on the properties of religious organizations.
- Loan Policies, Policies - County of San Mateo Dept. of Housing
- Local Gov. Preservation Strategies, Best Practices - California Housing Partnership
- Jordan Court Affordable Housing, Press Release - Sahahomes.org
- Immanuel-Sobrato Affordable Housing, Press Release - Midpenhousing.org
Here is a 21 page resource document outlining specific tools and strategies for your jurisdiction to use when deploying a housing trust fund.
- Housing Trust Fund Tools and Strategy Memo, word doc
Here is a list of affordable housing consultants who work with local government clients.
- List of Affordable Housing Consultants, Spreadsheet
In the fall of 2021, ABAG convened a Wildfire/Housing Working Group to provide current research and best practices on wildfire and housing issues in local land use planning. The format of the Working Group was four virtual sessions with national and state level experts.