Below are useful resources for jurisdictions deploying their Housing Trust Fund.
Here are six RFQ examples for various purposes, including selecting an affordable housing financial consultant, a housing services consultant, a Homekey program property developer, or a qualified affordable housing developer. These RFQs provide ideas and a structure for jurisdictions drafting their own RFQ.
- Financial Consultants, RFQ - County of San Mateo
- Financial Consultants, Due Diligence Q&A, RFQ - County of San Mateo
- Homeless Services Consultants, RFQ - County of Alameda
- Homekey Development Partners, RFQ - County of San Mateo
- Qualified Developers, RFQ - Daly City
- Developer for the Bay Meadows Site, RFQ - City of San Mateo
Here are three RFP examples for soliciting site-specific affordable housing proposals.
- Developer for the Middlefield Junction Site, RFP - County of San Mateo
- Developer for the Midway/Bayshore Site, RFP - County of San Mateo
- Developer for the Bradford Site, RFP - Redwood City
Here are housing trust fund loan policies, affordability preservation strategies, and examples of two press releases for new affordable housing developments built on the properties of religious organizations.
- Loan Policies, Policies - County of San Mateo Dept. of Housing
- Local Gov. Preservation Strategies, Best Practices - California Housing Partnership
- Jordan Court Affordable Housing, Press Release - Sahahomes.org
- Immanuel-Sobrato Affordable Housing, Press Release - Midpenhousing.org
Here is a 21 page resource document outlining specific tools and strategies for your jurisdiction to use when deploying a housing trust fund.
- Housing Trust Fund Tools and Strategy Memo, word doc
Here is a list of affordable housing consultants who work with local government clients.
- List of Affordable Housing Consultants, Spreadsheet